About Your Trip
Please note: This DreamNight is for guests residing the U.S. only. For Alabama residents, see Additional Information for more details. It is not available in Puerto Rico and the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, North Dakota, Pennsylvania, Utah or Vermont.
Calling all wine fans and foodies! This adults-only DreamNight is all about bringing a tasting room into the comfort of your home, where you’ll sip some of the world’s best wines and learn about their grapes. Best of all, you’ll get tips on how to pair your wine with Thanksgiving Day-inspired cuisine. The 2018 Prime Solum Rose is perfect during the winter months when family and friends drop by — offer them a glass as they arrive and pour yourself one as you cook. The 2017 Expression 38° Russian Camp Chardonnay is ideal to serve with appetizers due to its light, refreshing quality that’ll whet any whistle. For the big meal itself, pour 2015 Expression 38° Russian Camp Pinot Noir, known for bringing out the juiciness of turkey while enhancing the flavors of fixings. Also great for vegan and vegetarian spreads!
Your host for the evening is Elana Hill, a Napa Valley native and daughter of California wine pioneer Bill Hill. She’s also the owner of a small family-run winery and will be on hand to answer your questions on types of wines, grape growing and small-production wine-making processes.
So, have your wine bottles, bottle opener and glasses at the ready and then at 5 p.m. (Central Standard Time), log in to the Zoom video platform for an intimate wine-tasting experience of sharing and camaraderie with fellow DreamTrippers in a casual setting. Enjoy 1 bottle of each of the following:
• 2018 Prime Solum Rose. This dry rose wine from the Napa Valley appellation exudes elegance with its rose gold color and flavor layers of rose petals, apricots and tart strawberries. Goes great with spicy dishes like ceviche or barbecue chicken as well as anything from the grill — barbecue pork ribs with a sweet smokey sauce, zucchini, blackened seabass, turkey burgers or seared steak.
• 2017 Expression 38° Russian Camp Chardonnay. From Sonoma’s Russian River Valley, this white wine boasts notes of freshly sliced peaches and Meyer lemons with a hint of kettle corn. Serve with an appetizer of sliced cucumber and smoked salmon sprinkled with fresh lemon and cracked black pepper.
• 2015 Expression 38° Russian Camp Pinot Noir. With a bouquet of blueberry cobbler, this dark red wine offers notes of ripe blackberry, strawberry and quince preserve for a velvety finish. Perfect for appetizers to cherry pie to sides, like sweet potatoes, cranberries and mushrooms. Its gentle tannins go well with green vegetables, such as Brussels sprouts, leafy greens and green beans.
Expression vineyards reflect the geographic coordinate in which the grapes are grown for its premier chardonnay and pinot noir, while Prime Solum verdant vineyards showcase world-class rose — all under the auspices of iconic viticulturalist Bill Hill. In 1996, Hill was named on Wine Spectator’s Top 50 list of wine producers in the world.
Virtual wine-tasting experience*
Click select to purchase your package for the following date:
• Saturday, November 14, 2020 at 5-6 p.m. (Central Standard Time)
• 1 wine-tasting package (3 bottles in total) is recommended for 1-4 adults.
• 2 wine-tasting packages (6 bottles in total) are recommended for 5-8 adults.
*See Additional Information for more details.